AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

I’ve been in a long running battle with Rolfe Jeep in the ACT for a while now. My vehicle was making a sort of ‘belt noise’ and I brought it in a couple of times as they instructed me to, before my warranty expired but as it was intermittent, they couldn’t identify it.

Later they said they identified it as belt noise and removed and cleaned the belts. Nope, the noise came back and worse. In the end when it was getting really bad I went and stood in the service area and refused to leave until someone looked at my car because it was most certainly not belt noise.

The mechanic took about 2 minutes to identify that it was not belt noise, which says to me that they did not even investigate it the first few times I asked.It turned out to be a bearing in the water pump, which could have been absolutely catastrophic if it seized. It cost me $1200 to have that fixed when it should have been covered under warranty. They did not record my pre-warranty expiry visits in their system and basically left me for dead.

I complained by email to the dealer principal who did not even acknowledge my complaint and got his warranty advisor to call me and tell me that they stop investigating when they find the first ‘fault’ to save the customer money rather than performing a proper investigation! She said they would be doing nothing about my complaint but offered me $100 off my next service, as if I’d be trusting them with my vehicle again.

I’ve escalated to FCA who have been pretty responsive so far.

Real shame, my experience with Rolfe has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I believe it is individual incompetence rather than some systemic issue. I sent my vehicle there because I thought they were the experts. In the end taking my vehicle exclusively to Rolfe counted for nothingn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar