AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Non Jeep - Driver behaviour
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

I should have qualified my initial post by stating that overwhelmingly, the crazed nature of the overtaking is not usually by drivers who live/work in the sticks, but the urban dwellers who become weekend/holiday warriors.

For instance, there are some Hiluxes in the fleets of NGOs and Govt and these drivers have had training (and experience) to slow down on a trail (sometimes to a crawl) when seeing oncoming traffic. This creates an opportunity to have a chat and they ask if everything is going ok when they see a Lone vehicle in a remote trail). On a paved road, they won't exceed the speed limit.

Given that Hilux and Rangers have been the top selling cars for a while, there will be more of these cars on the road and a small percentage of their drivers doing the rough driving. The closer I get to urban centres, the more I see it on the road. Out in the bush, they can easily be spotted overtaking on a blind off road bend, getting bogged in sand, showing off etc.