AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Coming to Oz from Arizona, USA
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2024
I just registered

Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
And as a Heads Up...you wont have phone signal or wifi access in all your locations....the only network that will provide the 'most' coverage is Telstra....this will only effect you in remote locations...and the more remote the less the coverage reducing to zero coverage....you can negate that using other technology...but...where do you stop buying things for all the 'just in case' scenario
Yup, known and planned for.
I will pick up a Telstra SIM card when we arrive. My phone can be dual SIM'd. My US AT&T card/number will be set to Wifi and the Telstra will go to Network. When I'm on Wifi, I can use the US line and Telstra everywhere else (where there's coverage of course).

We have Starlink Satellite internet so we technically will have internet everywhere we go.

We've also planned on getting a satellite based Personal Locator Beacon/Communicator. The Motorola Defy unit was what we were going to get but waiting to see what the fall out is from Bullit going under (the application company that was running Defy). Other options are Garmin InReach, Zoleo and Spot. Although we were recommended to get a PLB that is registered with and communicates directly to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) our preference is to get one that works everywhere, including Australia, rather than one that works only in Australia.