AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 3.6 Pentastar acceleration hesitation / hiccup
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar.kruse View Post
I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so for the moment I cant really go down that path. I have checked the brake booster and other vacuum lines and cant see any leaks.

I have still got the stock Y pipe and post cat loop, its just after that where I've removed the other two mufflers and installed smaller ones.
Fuel pressure and quality is certainly worth looking into.

You obviously mean physically smaller but less restrictive mufflers if so I wouldn't think them to be the issue. I was quite surprised at the hesitation after fitting a straight through hi flow cat back to my 3.8 with some of the idrive settings that worked fine prior to changing the muffler.

Throttle position sensor would be a good thing to look at if you don't have the tools to look at fuel pressure. I'd take the intake off get someone to bring it up to power in neutral and see what happens to the throtle if it occurs.

If it doesn't occur you've at least removed throttle position and can go back to fuel, spark, manifold absolute pressure/vacuum leak, or restricted exhaust (partly blocked cat)

Last edited by OzRick25; 06-01-2018 at 06:18 PM.