AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Disable (or reverse) Start/Stop
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
My wife had a VW Golf until recently and the start/stop defaulted back to 'on' every time the engine was turned off. Designed not to be turned off permanently.
I'd hate it in the GC, apart from the continual wear and tear it would be a nightmare when towing the 'van in traffic.
Same in the KL - defaults to on every time you start the car. But it’s become a habit to press the button to disable as I’m reaching to the gear shift to move out of park. Not sure why people are so aggrieved by pressing a button. I get the wear and tear argument - whether true or not remains to be seen, but has no impact on take off when towing - the thing restarts before your foot is even off the brake pedal. In fact, just reducing pressure on the brake pedal (without taking your foot off the pedal) will fire up the engine - which is useful when anticipating a quick launch at a tricky intersection. Like anything, you learn how it works and how to use it. Definitely very low on the list of “things that are annoying about owning a Jeep”!