AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rockcrawling Categories
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Rockcrawling Categories

Well as we know, Werock has two categories, I have been talking to Sam to guage interest in a 3rd category to try and break the field up.

My suggestion was a "Pro Stock" category, this would be the same as "unlimited" but the only differance would be that you would have to be full bodied. The tracks would have the cones opened up more as these vehicles would not be as nimble as the moon buggies.

Why is this a benefit? I see that a JEEP TJ such as Maddogs, Firetruck, Wooders etc in an unlimited class pushing against the moon buggies is pointless as the moon buggies are far more nimble.

Also the unlimited courses are designed to push a vehicle to a roll over point and further and placing the driver in a position where he has to risk all to win. Now I dont see a full bodied TJ wanting to push it this far thus not being able to possibly win a category.

Q1. Would you be interested in a Category that puts you against the same types of vehicles?

Q2. How scared are you of rolling in such an event.

I will pass all this feedback onto Sam.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com