AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeeping again
Thread: Jeeping again
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2021
RubiconSlammer

Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

I finally got around to looking at my auto. First I took it to a local auto shop who said it was totally shot and he went on the hotline to get me a new auto. Several days later after a fruitless search I picked the car up again and took it to my son's house. I was on the verge of buying a s/h one from a wreckers when I decided to drop the pan to see what the filter looked like. You would not believe the mess that box was in. There was a thick layer of grey sludge about 50mm thick covering the filter. I had topped the level up before starting but this was just floating on top.

I disconnected the cooler pipes and let it drain for 2 days, then new filter and fresh oil and she ran perfectly. Google said to drive it a couple of k's then change the oil again. Not wanting to drop the pan again I installed a bung in the rear of the pan. This was actually a bit for a temp gauge which I might fit down the track.

Jeeping again.