AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Replace alternator-Buy alternator-HELP NEEDED!
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj69 View Post
which reminds me ,i had an auto sparky tell me i needed a new alt because of low charge (was actually due to batt temp sensor being disconnected ) this tells computer to deliver lower charge to batt (i think its like a default setting) anyway reconnected battery temp sensor and alt began charging within normal range again .
Good point and probably worth to check. Will check that over the weekend and hope I am able to identify the temp sensor even knowing where it should sit...
If that doesn't solve my problem it might be best to just buy the $179 alternator on ebay and not bother spending some money on a new reg without knowing that this is the issue.

What kind of inforamtion do I need exactly to buy an altenator (excuse my stupid questions)? Somewhere I read that model no etc are important and that you should get the old one out first to gathe rall required information?

Thanks

Last edited by 1910DownUnder; 20-12-2011 at 09:13 AM.