AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.7 CRD - Starting problem
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 273 Times in 220 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

$67, but since the earlier post they've said that they cannot supply the drain valve I also ordered, so I've requested them to can the order. I can get the valve itself from Lithuania via eBay Australia for around $40.

The old girl started perfectly today after more than 10 hours in the work carpark. Once home, I have moved and jiggled all the connections on the LP fuel system, tightened the bleed and drains, and checked the water sensor. I also slid the filter as high as it would go in the bracket (it was as low as possible before). My thinking is that the engine ran for less than a second when the problem showed up means that the air is probably right at the LP pump (anywhere else and the fuel in the pipe would feed it for longer). By putting the filter higher than the pump, I'm hoping that the air might be further up the pipe and give the system a chance to flush itself.

It's a long shot. Meantime, I've always got my priming pump under the back seat. Maybe time to buy a can of ether spray.

Last edited by JeanLuke; 09-11-2018 at 07:10 PM.