AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Patrol better than JK
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

True, The Patrol cant go topless but the bloody sunroof is almost as big as the roof :-D..Mind you I dont really care for an open top 4WD with muddies on road and offroad given the red dust around here, that will be just a nightmare. Plus the convertible nature of the JK also makes it prone to leaks. The temp on the 4.2 that I have has never gone over operating temp in 40 degree hard wheeling here in WA. Overall I would say the Patrol is slower and heavier primarily because of both the size and the weight of the driveline but that pays off in terms of strength. The lack of articulation on the other hand makes 3 wheel driving a rather regular occurrence but the factory locker seems to do a good job as long as it is not tipped over. I think after hearing all opinions I am still convinced that the 4.2 Patrol is by far the best value for money offroader in Oz. Having said that I will be in a JK soon enough ..Will be around more once I get a ride. Sorry Johnboy, I am looking for an auto Rubi and would rather support a WA seller. Now can anyone tell me whether there were any issues in the 3.6 motor from 2007?