AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2014
MudSplasher

Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

I hadn't really keeping up to speed with this until last week... I haven't done the flash, nor has Dad and nor has our friends with their Commander...
When I first heard about the recall, and got the letter, it clicked in my mind that because the issue was not really related to vehicles sold in Australia, why should I do it? Aren't I glad I went with my gut on this one...

My mate went out and purchased a 2006 WH 65th Anniv, that had all the fruit, ARB bar, IPF's, OME lift, tyres and etc. But! I wished I'd thought about it before he rushed out, because, wouldnt you know it, its had the flash done, and he was not aware...

So I have spent the better part of the week reading through this whole thread, and forums overseas and seeing just how badly out of hand this got - and then relaying the issues and information onto my mate. Thankfully he's not too worried because he still has his old XJ to go bush bashing in.

However, I went down to his place during the week to try the fuse trick, but to no avail unfortunately. Couldn't try unplugging the shift motor as it was like 9pm in the dark. So I guess, I, through my mate have had to join the conga line, and wait to see what happens

I'm just glad that I'm a skeptic.... Not to mention that stealerships are completely banned from going anywhere near my Commander period.