AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Driver side doors keep trying to "lock"
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Driver side doors keep trying to "lock"

Hey all,

Been a ghost follower of this forum for a while now. And currently have owned my Jeep Wrangler for about 3 months now, purchased used.

All has been great so far. Just one thing has recently come up. I own the 4 door and the door behind the drivers side was continuously trying to lock, when it was already locked. I've noticed that this has only happened when here in Melbourne we've had the crazy rain storms.

Car has been parked non-sheltered all the time. Just imagine your doors already locked, and keep pressing the lock button on the driver side - that's what it sounds like.

I actually took the Jeep for a service today and asked for them to check this out. They did, and said no error codes have been spat out (probably because this hasn't happened again since 2 days ago). And he's mentioned a fair bit of people have come in this Monday because they've had the same issue and others. Doesn't seem normal?

Things I can / should look at:
- My roof seals?
- Is there a way I can check out these codes for myself? Are there historical logs for these codes?
- I've never taken the doors off either...yet

Cheers in advance for any replies!