AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand Cherokee turned to 'dust'
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 570 Times in 293 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

With the issue I have had with mine I understand the diesel HP fuel pump fitted at the front of the Diesel engine and they have a problem where the bearing fails and sends metal depending on the failure either through the injectors or it gets caught in the gauze filter in the pressure control sensor, if the latter then the engine and injectors May be ok however the fuel return line and fuel tank will need to be flushed. Jeep were saying there was metal in the M prop sensor or did they just look in the pressure control sensor as that is easy to get to, so that doesn’t sound good, but are they guessing after all they first blamed the battery and changed it. I really question there actual technical ability

$47,000 is just ridiculous, as with all things they just want to change out everything (same as mine) and cover there diagnostics

In 2013 they were selling 1200 to 1400 JGC a month then all went wrong and they had ordered a lot of MY15 they couldn’t sell that’s why you could still buy an MY15 into the start of 2017. And still they don’t get it with sales around the 300 to 400 a month, customer service is a big thing

Bob