AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Anderson plug
Thread: Anderson plug
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have just finished wiring 2 Anderson plugs for my new van. As it is an off-roader my local tow bar installers advice was not to use a 12 pin but stick with the seven pin and run the andersons separately; which I did. Firstly, toprovide power for the Alko ESC, I ran 6B&S cable from the battery with a 30amp fuse to the positive under the carpet and the b-pillar and door trim and came out in the side of the spare wheel well. I removed the spare wheel and the tie down screws at the tailgate and removed that trim and the mat under the spare to access the grommet to drill through to get the cable under the car and to the rear bumper where I screwed the red Anderson inside a weather resistant housing to the underside of the bumper on the opposite side to the 7 pin socket. Similarly, to power the caravan fridge during transits I ran a second 6B&S cable pair with another fuse and another Anderson plug from my second battery (which I sit behind the front passenger seat when I am touring and was already connected thru a Projecta dcdc charger to power the car fridge when I need it) This cable runs under the rear seat and into the spare wheel well on the passenger side and feeds thru the same grommet and is fixed next to the 7 pin socket; again in a weather resistant housing and a black Anderson plug in this case. For these longer runs you need the heavy cable to minimise voltage drop. It all works well. I bought all the Anderson plugs, covers, fuses and cable from Big Al on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk