AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New Chief Front Bumper - Yay or Nay?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Yeah, I like it - think it suits the GC well, as does all of Chief's stuff. Pricey, and the extras add up in this case, but they do make good gear. Have heard of a few issues with QC and support, but I've personally had them go out of their way to sort a couple of things, so nothing but good feedback from my end.

As you said though, the bar's pretty light duty and is more for mounting points and approach angle, with some protection thrown in. From memory, even though the lower fascia is removed, the top edge of the bar sits a few mm off the painted upper bumper, so a bit of a nudge and I'd image you'd get some rubbing/damage.

Chief had gone very quiet for a while, so the email about the sale and spruiking that they'll be announcing more products soon was a welcome surprise. Have been hearing that for quite some time now from them though... Hopefully they stick around, but with the WL being a bit of a flop and the Wrangler/Gladiator market already flooded, I imagine life won't be as easy for them as it once was.