AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Another Croweater with a Jeep!
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2022
I just registered

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Another Croweater with a Jeep!

Hi there! Charlie here from Adelaide. I was looking for a suitable vehicle to tow our 2 ton camper with ease and while my 4.0L V6 Hilux did it easily, it was too close to the legal GVM limit, so a new tow vehicle was in order. It had to be petrol V8 and auto, so my choice was limited to the WK2 Grand Cherokee or a Y62 Nissan Patrol. The S Limited was on the money because I really didn’t need a 7 seater and the price was some 20K less than the Nissan. Finding one wasn’t so easy, but I managed to pickup one of the last S Limited Hemi’s for sale in Adelaide back in September last year.

To start with I had the windows tinted as dark as possible to go with the Diamond Black Crystal duco and then had a towbar fitted. I then installed a Redarc trailer brake controller and some side steps and mud flaps to help protect the duco. I’ve recently had a set of 2” King springs fitted, which work very well, but on a recent trip to the Northern Territory towing the camper, I have found the limits of the front shocks. So a new set of Dobinson shocks for the front and perhaps some rear airbags may be on the cards.

I’m hoping to get some advice on the Dobinsons and hopefully they are longer than the factory units which may solve the issue. Looking forward to posting some info on this great forum.
www.caernarvontrack.com

Last edited by Chaz; 26-06-2022 at 09:45 PM.