AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Another Croweater with a Jeep!
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022
I just registered

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Welcome Chaz,

I had a 4L V6 Hilux as a work vehicle and miss the power since I'm now driving a 2.7L Workmate. Mind you, it handles a lot better than the old Hilux. This one doesn't try and kill me every time it rains.

The WK2 is a fantastic tow vehicle, except for the LC 200, nothing comes close. The trouble is, all the 4wd mags always leave it out when towing comparisons are made and for some reason always go with the Prado which is absolutely gutless in comparison.

I'm sure you'll love towing with it. They really are a great long distance tourer.
Thanks Jamie,
We’ve been on a couple of trips since acquiring the Jeep last September and the last one to Katherine was a three week event covering around 6,000km. The Jeep has to be the most comfortable car to drive on the open road that I’ve ever had or been in. Another thing that impressed me was the fuel consumption. Prior to my Hilux, I had a GU3 Patrol which was very modified and with the 3.0L Diesel and towing, I did well to achieve 15L/100km. It did lack some power, so after the Nissan diesel engine expired (as they do) I fitted a GM 6.0L petrol V8 which was an absolute beast (around 400hp), but I was lucky to get 22L/100 on a good day and 26L/100km towing. I didn’t mind so much because the power was incredible, even overtaking cars with the camper on the back was a breeze. Even my 4.0L V6 Hilux is only good for around 18L/100km towing our camper, but the Jeep gets 15L/100km and does it so much easier. For that reason alone and the comfort, I’m glad I bought it.

I decided to keep the Hilux after buying the Jeep because it’s my goto rough offroad ute for camping, fishing and hunting and after doing so much to it, I couldn’t part with it, and it helps me to keep the Jeep in good condition.

www.caernarvontrack.com