AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - So what's the trick???
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneWJ View Post
OK, just installed 2" lift coils with new shocks in anticipation for a uneek bullbar and towing.

2 things are giving me grief. Number 1:
I got a crows foot to torque the front top shock bolt and its a nightmare to get anything in to hold the stud from turning to allow the torque wrench to get to spec.

Number 2, the most important,
How the hell do you get the track bar to line back up on the axle mount? I got the bolt in but won't center enough to align with threads on diff bracket. Seems like I'm trying to twist the car to align it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Hi ShaneWJ

for 1.) maybe a second hand would help? I assume you checked youtube already (thats what I do when I have no clue ... which is most of the time)

for 2.) what helped me is a ratchet strap which i mounted on a fixed point on both sides so that the car is neither move left of right. It helped pretty much to keep the body aligned. Now since you are already beyond this point it can also help you to move the car back in line. I did this when I took of the track bar for the first time. Same happened to me. The car moved so far to the left, that I was unable to fit the track bar back in place. I had a tree just right outside of my garage which was strong enough to hold the weight I and could use it to put it back in place.
Again, you need to make sure that both ends (fixed point as well as your car) will be at something which will not get ripped out or bend if you start to tighten up the strap.
Then it is just a matter of coordination and you get things back in place.

Thanks
Joerg