AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Dobinsons Lift Kit
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015
Irok Bandit

Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I fitted Murchison HD all round when I first got mine, it was my first mod & it was a mistake! This is why.

Not knowing much about modding a 4wd back then I fitted the HD lift knowing that a Bull Bar & kitted out rear was the plan. Well the plan took longer then I intended

The rear with no weight in it had very limited flex, great on road but without the weight they were designed to support the rear was way to solid/stiff.
Same thing with the front, without the bar the front would skip on corrugation's.

The front's right now, in fact I would say its dam near perfect with on road manners & off road ability. It did drop 10/15mm when the bare was fitted but I see Stu has spacers to compensate for that now.

I ended up swapping out the rear springs for some medium Old Man Emu ones I got from James when he went H/D. The rear articulation I got back was fantastic, so much so that I now need to fit bump stops to stop the rubbing when flexing
I tow my van with this setup as well, up to 200kg on the tow bar & my 40l fridge & camping chairs in the cargo area. Sits nice & handles well on the road but the rear does bob up & down a bit more when towing compared to Stu's HD springs but nothing to be concerned about.

Pic is with M/D OME rear springs, no air bags & no WDH.

If the Dobinsons kit is the right price I say go for it, if the rear sits lower or sags when loaded more then you like I can send you my CRDSTU H/D rears to try but I won't post them! You will have to come & pick them up
(only joking )