AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2018 Jeep Wrangler fails European crash test
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 186 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRubicon View Post
2012+ gets 4 stars on ANCAP at the time they tested it. Today it would likely get 1 star from the NCAP assessment considering all the requirements (curtain airbags, seatbelt warnings for rear seat passengers, AEB, etc) but the crash test of the JLU doesn't look good in a frontal collision, and those passengers look a lot worse for wear compared to other vehicle crash tests in the segment.
My 2016 JKU has curtain airbags. I check my rear pax for seatbelts and I would never rely on electronic warnings. As for emergency braking, how is that going to help when a vehicle leaves the opposite side of the road and hits you in an offset position? There are times when swerving to avoid a forward collision may be a preferred maneuver than to have emergency brakes applied for you when a Mack truck is bearing down behind you.

There has to be a limit in how much driver function needs to be overridden by a computer.