AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand Willys Project
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018
LokRinger

Liked 1,744 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ6np435 View Post
awesome gojeep really taking shape now, with 2 mounts under the grille will stiffen the front up, but, I'm thinking if you are going to wheel it 1 mount in the middle, just lets it move rather than fixing it and stressing it up as the chassis flexes, ultimately y ou've thought about it, and you know what you want to do with it, just love your work get a real kick from your progress, it's a monumental project.....
Not just boxing on the rails but every cross member which was made 50% wider as well as being boxed. Plus a whole engine cradle will make it stiff enough for the double mount at the front. It will replace the XJ once it is finished and take over the towing of the camper on touring and camping duties rather than any hard core offroading. Would have started with a JK had that been my plans for this build to keep solid axles front and rear. Just don't do that sort of offroading anymore as been offroading for 35 years! Gee that makes me feel old all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcosmo View Post
Awesome project I've been following since it started, at the biginning I was following it on cardomain.com and after they changed their layouts (to the worse unfortunately) I joined in to this forum to follow up the build.

Keep up the good work Marcus and keep the updates flowing, Great Job
Glad you went to the trouble of following it here as a real shame what happened there after it was sold off to the magazine company. Don't think they liked the competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-cj7 View Post
I hope Mrs. Gojeep isn't looking for her ironing board!
I used to use the iron for waxing our skis and mono boards too!

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club