AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Roof Rack setup
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018
Established Member

Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzRick25 View Post
Are you planing on moving?

Rooftop tents are not conducive to underground parking arrangements, they are heavy, cumbersome and a pain to shift and fit unless you have a garage you can rig a cradle for or half a rugby team at your disposal.

The last thing I would want to be doing for a weekend away is trying to arrange help to get a rooftop tent on and then getting it off when you get back from a camping trip... nope

If your not going to be able to use it for short trips is it really worth it? I guess if you do a lot of extended touring it could work.

Not trying to put you off the AEV rack it looks awesome but man that and the rooftop tent is a lot of expence and I would be wanting to get my money's worth of use out of it.
Hey Rick,

I completely understand your train of thought on this.

The Mrs and I are thinking about a Oz wide tour, potentially next year sometime. Whilst it is a while away, I feel it's a bit unnecessary to buy racks for now and then racks for then. Kind of like to buy stuff once and know I bought right the first time. The rack is potentially a bit overkill for the most part, but I believe it'll be more useful than the other options.

Your opinion is much appreciated though and we'll take it into account.

Cheers