AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Front bumper roundup
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta View Post
the tjm bar was $1230 supplied and fitted, fully adr compliant and has the airbag crash cans so as not to affect warranty or insurance.
G'day Busta but that's not right . Australian delivered JKs with factory bumpers do not have crush cans at all. There is the deformable front section of the chassis and then the inner bumper is flat mounted with a plastic bumper in front of that.

The US factory bars do have crush cans as part of the inner bar.

The only exception to this I think is the MOPAR bar(s) which some people have gotten with the accessory value packs, but then again these are after-market albeit factory endorsed. I'm pretty sure that these bars do have crush cans (can someone who has one confirm?)

For instance the AEV bar has the cut outs for the cans and according to AEV's instructions to fit the crush cans to the bar, they are cut from the existing bar.

So IMO it is a bit of a stretch to say that TJM have crush cans when the factory bar doesn't. Maybe what you meant was that it is airbag compliant? This only means that it has been tested or modelled to show that the bar does not adversely effect the deployment of the airbag system.