AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2000 XJ TD slow return to idle issue
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochanjorge View Post
Thank you all for your replies!

TPS sensor reads 0% to 100% with a cheap obd scanner and torque app. I might measure it with a multimeter as well to be sure. My idle reads 850rpm (torque app again) as opposed to 750rpm in the manual.

The issue is more pronounced when the engine is at normal operating temp an barely noticeable when cold. This has to do with something I would guess.

Layback40, how exactly did you perform the IP top drop? Something I could safely do? No aircon on my xj.
The top of the IP can be moved to adjust the idle stop. The bolt holes are elongated. a tenth of a mm makes a big difference. its very sensitive & not recommended to be played with. It will not fix your problem. If you had a leak & wanted to replace the seal, you need to mark its location before removal.
I believe your problem is more a computer problem. You need a DBR 11 scanner to find it. OBD tells you very little.