AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - cost to upgrade a sport to rubi spec
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019
Established Member

Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default cost to upgrade a sport to rubi spec

My beloved WJ is just causing me too many problems so im looking into buying a JK and im trying to work out if i want a sport or rubicon. The car will be my daily driver but ill be taking it on as difficult trails as im personally able to drive. I will use the full features of the rubi, and if i bought a sport i'd want to modify it over time to the same or better capability as the rubi.

I have the option of a very low km sport with the 3.6 motor or a rubi with the 3.8 with 80,000 ks.

My question is: If i want to modify the drivetrain of the sport to a similar or better capability as the rubi, how much will it cost, ballpark? the aim is to run 35s.

My understanding is that i'll have to re-gear both diffs and add lockers. Am i right in believing that if i re-gear the diffs, i wont really need to re-gear the t-case? Will i want to replace the front axle of the sport if i go for 35s? if so, how much would this cost?

Thanks for your insights!