AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Diesel XJ **Parts & Info**
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default XJ TD Screen Washer Motor

The windscreen washer finally gave up. So time to do a replacement, er no not when the Jeep dealer wanted £60 off me ( Series 1 washer). I had a real problem trying to locate one here in the UK. Crown Automotive does not do them, who I import from, and I did not want to second hand.
Once removed, carefully preserving washer between washer unit and screenwash bottle, I remembered I had seen the motor in a catalouge. So I phoned up a local supplier and got washer motor for a Neon/Voyager, pictured below.

Unlike the Jeep unit the Chrysler's head is held to the motor unit by two screws. Once I had removed these, I set about taking the XJs unit apart. This is held together by rivets, you will have to drill these out. Pull off the washer and impeller. Swap the complete unit top section over, put on the black washer, then the impeller, it will only fit one way. Then line up the top section, use the Chrysler screws, but do not over tighten. The result is below.
Total cost, £15 GBP and two cups of coffee. Use original washer it is a better fit to bottle.

Oh Yeah Happy Blooming Christmas.

Last edited by charliecherokee; 23-12-2008 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Spelking