AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - The REAL Jeep assist - Post your pic
View Single Post
Old 29-08-2014
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Driving down the highway the other day to pick up a mate and saw a Navara diffed hard on the side of the road in a spot where there was no point at all in being in the first place and laughed at the idiocy - stock Navara. Pit of mud. Fully loaded with teenagers and P plates and figured he was just trying to show off and not succeeding. I would've stopped but wasn't going to be much help -- no snatch in the JK (Just emptied it).

On the drive back an hour later, I saw a patrol that must have showed up later trying to pull him out from the Navara's front bumper. Not off a recovery point -- around the hoop of the bar. I cringed and pulled over to watch the mayhem.

Of course, the entire front bar turned to jelly an the car didn't move.

I asked if his bar was recovery rated or if there was a recovery rated point on it -- "What's that? I've only had it a week?". Ugh.

His mate in the patrol chimed in -- " its alright I've gotten tougher bogs out" and he went off to take the snatch off the front an move it to another part of the bar. Uhhhhh .... Then I looked where his patrol was hooked up -- anyone want to guess? Tow ball.

I explained just how scary it was. Told him to maybe try putting the snatch on a rated recovery point .... Same question from this guy, "What's that? I usually just use my tow ball".

Needless to say I borrowed his snatch, hooked up to my JK an pulled him out then begged the dude never to use his tow ball again. Scary.