AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - I Just Got Given A XJ...What am I Going To Do NOW!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Hi all I thought I might give you all a Easter Update....
I removed the damaged crap side steps they were weaker than the running boards on my PT Cruiser the bolts went through the floor and buckled the floor near the accelerator pedal fixed that bashed it flat after having to cut the damaged bracket and bolt off ... also had to remove the plastic trim off the doors as the CarKiller had kissed a Roo and slightly moved the front guard which meant the trim snagged when opening the front drivers door I will have to pull it out a slight bit but without the trim it does not catch ........
the worst part was getting all the glue off I tried wd40 tea tree oil and finally kero using a plastic bakery scraper I got it off hours later............... removed the damaged mud flaps I left the brackets on and straightened them I will get 2 new tyres this week... so it will be sitting on 4 new tyres and a decent spare..... bI also got onto a guy in Cairns on Gumtree and are getting a Nudge Bar with spot light brackets for $55 and about $50 postage still have to do the tranny gasket which I have and are waiting for the correct CCV hose fittings to come from rockauto the brakes are a bit spongey and I noticed today that one of the rear wheel cylinders is leaking.......that's why so I have to fix that
I need a passenger tail light and there is a good star in the windscreen the CarKiller put superglue in the star but I don't think it would pass a REAL RWC having said that I know my local Psyco Mechanics would give me a RWC to put it in my name would be less confusing if I wish to sell in the future (which will probably happen) BUMMER...too many regos for a pensioner.... as it is a pretty good XJ
So far in the last 18 months all this has been done most in the last 6 months 10.000k...................
4 New Tyres...0k
oil change and filter...10k
New Aluminium Radiator and Hoses and coolant..10k
New Air Conditioning Compressor and Gas (Ice Cold)
New Head Liner
Electric Fan Replaced
New Shocks and Brake Pads and Sway Bar Link End Rubbers
steering dampener
New Spark Plugs & Leads &Distributor Cap & Rotor
Tow Bar Fitted Not Wired Up …..Has Never Towed
Auto Transmission Serviced.. Kick Down Cable Replaced
All Sensors have been replaced
Cam sensor .. Crank Sensor ..O2 Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor .. Idle Air Control Valve ..Manifold Air Pressure Sensor .. CCV Vacuum Line.............

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_) ..................................
Would you BUY a Used XJ from this man?....LOL
I don't know what to do except keep fixing it ....
I will flip it into my name and give it 6 months rego and see what happens ......if I was to try and sell I think its worth $3500 all day long.........................see what happens

Last edited by LuluBelle; 02-04-2018 at 06:38 PM.