AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - My Camper
Thread: My Camper
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

No fridge, it's staying in the Jeep, I like to have it in there when I go wheelin for the day anyway rather than leave it at camp so I'd be forever moving it from trailer to Jeep and back.

I'm trying to keep it light but may put a water tank underneath, there will be Jerry can holders on it though, most likely on the sides behind the wheels. DVD, Yep also car stereo, two speakers inside and two in the kitchen area so I can fade from internal to external. It'll have an inverter and a battery, the battery will really only have to run LED lighting and the DVD and stereo. I did think about gas but then it needs a gas ticket on inspection, same with 240volt. With a decent inverter I can run everything 12v and get around that one though.

Stove will still be portable but the storage will be a bit more specific than I have it in the pics.

The actual construction will be a sandwich type with PLY outer walls (17mm) a frame of about 25mm and an inner wall of 3mm. The roof and rear hatch will be pretty much the same with an insulating filler between innner and outer walls. That, along with a hatch on the roof with inbuilt 12v fan should help keep the temperature pretty stable.

Should be a fun build.

Cheers
Steve