AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - My Camper
Thread: My Camper
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Yep, got some plans for a Benroy I decided to go with a square shape as ply only bends well one way and getting sheets in the right size and having the bend in the right direction seemes like a bit of a pain. In the end I went to the Mister Plywood site and designed it around the sheets they have available at reasonable prices Big advantage is there is one 10 minutes from my place.

I looked at the aluminium sheeting but again, not so easy to get in the size I want and cost is a factor. This will be painted, possibly with auto paint if I can get a good enough finish on the surface for it to look good, also thinking of fibreglass sheeting over the ply. Sides will be green and top white to deflect the heat a little.

For doors, I've had no luck finding any so will make one, windows will be standard caravan ones, I can find plenty of those.

The walls maybe too thick, I've just allowed for that thickness at the moment, certainly I'll make the roof a little thinner than that, maybe laminate two thin pieces of ply for the roof, have them offset to cover the joins and help water proof it.

Cheers
Steve