AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Larger Tyres on My KL?
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

I understand - but can vouch 100% for Hankook AT/M's. They get good reviews on ProductReviews as well. Altho we admittedly haven't used them in much anger offroad ourselves yet, their performance amazingly enough onroad SHITS on the Aussie supplied Geolandar SUV tyres. On the road around town, at high speed on the open highway and hanging ur arse out on twisty mountain roads they are superior in every way!

EDIT: Update after 2 yrs 9 mths and about 42400km - the wear on our Dynapro AT-m's is pretty good - ie. they're still at between 40 and 50% so I'd reckon they're on track to last about 70000 - BUT - their wet weather performance fell off really quickly at about the 18 month mark - so I suspect the compound has hardened.

In the dry they feel and handle GREAT in all respects.

On wet bitumen the steering gets much lighter and they just don't feel "solid" which makes you slow right down. I have actually had the rear slide a little bit at a traffic light right turn onto main road from side road - ie. means transitioning the big centre "hump" well into the turn. Wasn't being silly or anything else unusual. It FELT like it wanted to slide - and it did Might have been oil on the road etc. but it feels the same on roundabouts etc. and possibly the one different thing on THAT turn was I ignored what I was feeling and tried to stick it out when normally I'd back off. Braking in the wet they don't feel nasty tho - they seem fine with that.

As a further note the wear would be at LEAST 50% overall except for Driver side camber issue which has led to all of the tyres being a bit more down than they should - and most significanty the current driver front being unevenly worn.

Last edited by Trailfirst; 24-06-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: More info for future searchers.