AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018
Renegade

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It would be good to have a list of proven, effective Jeep service depots. My previous KJ (Cherokee I know but I have a WK2 now) was poorly serviced in WA by Wanneroo Jeep as they only looked at OBD2 output and ignored basic servicing techniques like checking dip sticks that were in front of them. They delayed a pickup by an hour because they were behind schedule in washing the car but didn't take the time to pull and check my transmission dip stick. This was after the vehicle had stopped and wouldn't start and had to be put on the back of a truck to get to the depot. They charged me $1600 to change crank angle and cam sensors, clean injectors and look over the vehicle. The issue was discovered 6 weeks later, that the tranny had way less than minimal fluid ( by another service provider, non Jeep, checking a engine light flash up for me). Going back to Jeep they just shrugged and said it didn't throw a code. I asked if they knew how dip sticks worked.

They had not caused the problem, as another mechanic in Wannerro, "who know Jeeps" had put an apprentice on doing a 100 000km Service and drained the transmission but failed to refill it. When it stopped 6 weeks later I thought Jeep Service would know what was wrong and had the tow truck send it straight to them. I told them that another service provider had just done the 100 000k service and asked if tht was the issue.They did as stated above and handed the vehicle back to me. Luckily the tranny is tougher than most and ran for a further few weeks before flashing a light at me.

Post note I sold the vehicle at 221 000km and the tranny never gave any further trouble even on outback 4wd tracks.

2012 WK2 GC Overland CRD

Last edited by KJ_andy; 03-01-2018 at 07:24 AM.