AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2017
Established Member

Liked 98 Times in 57 Posts
Default repairs

Had a no start couple of days ago, cranked over wouldn't fire gauges not working. Got under it and had a look at wiring for CPS appeared OK. Tried it again and it started!!
So yesterday changed out the CPS for a low k one I had and changed O2 sensors as well. started up and ran notably smoother. Decided regrease noisey idler pulleys and to pull the A/C compressor off as well to try and regrease the clutch bearing. Pulled the clutch to find bearing is stuffed (falling apart). got a newish compressor from work that had failed internally and pulled the bearing from it (like new). Fitted it up to my compressor and re installed in car and all good, just got to regas it today.
So jeep is quieter and runs smoother and hopefully claws back some of the fuel economy I had lost. Not bad for a days work and no money spent.

This creek gets crossed regularly so probably why the bearings haven't coped.
On this day the creek was pretty high and I thought I would get out and take a photo of it with the water right up to the sill,(IDIOT) when I got back in she had water through the floors.

Last edited by jaffazoom; 17-06-2017 at 11:45 AM.