AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Hemi 5.7 Grand 2005 Black Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Wheels maketh thy car

No sorry havent got the original wheels.
These were on it when I bought it. If you are worried about tyre replacement (before I bought it I actually went down to the local Bridgestone and priced tyres!!) I punctured one only recently so bought a pair to keep the tread wear the same, under $500 for two fitted and finished. So not too bad. It was cool though - dash says "Front right LOW pressure warning" flashing and watching the pressure count down on the dash. Cool.
Lots of great Jeep gadgets like that on board. Auto tinting mirrors are great at night when idiots leave their lights on high.
Fuel economy is as you would expect - or you are kidding yourself, I get 13s on the highway at 110/120 and 17 towing a camper trailer fully laiden. I can get it to read 20 but it scares the children...! And I get a punch in the arm.
I have had over 20 cars of different breeds and the last a Land Rover V8 and it's chalk and cheese. I have spent about 150 bucks on this in a year (apart from services/tyres) for a front bush, nothing else needed. The Disco ate that every fortnight for something! Too bad, I do wish I could keep it.
$28k

Last edited by HemiJeep; 07-01-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Addition of price