AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JKU: Building of a Jeep named C'C
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default JKU: Building of a Jeep named C'C

Hi guys I'm going to start a build thread for my new Red 09 JKU called C'C.

As you may know I started of 2 years ago with a stock 07 shorty and fitted it with the following

AEV 2.5" XT lift with drop brkts
AEV front and rear bar
AEV diff slider
ARB black diff cover
EVO Protek sump protection
TJM 9000lb winch
JKS disconnects
Tom woods front drive shaft
Uneek 4x4 slider
Trailskins
Orcon 80ch UHF
Sharpracks Super spoiler roof rack.
Aurora 20' lightbar.

This what it looks like today.

We have loved our shorty and it taken us some great place but we have always been a bit wary of the shorty wheel base on steep inclines and descents and it always made my wife a little uneasy when faced with a steep climb that the JKU's always made look a lot easier, we also wanted to move to a JKU so we had 4 doors as all our cars were 2 doors only and we were limited when taking people out (The JK hasn't had the rear seats in for over 12 months).

So we have purchased a clean 1 owner 09 Red JKU with full service history, we were looking for a Rubicon but could not find one that wasn't black and a black car was a definite no no for us even if it was a Rubicon.

This is the day we picked the 4 door up, a blank canvas, just a stock std JKU.

The plan now is to transfer everything over from the shorty to the JKU with the exception of the Trailskinz and Uneek 2dr sliders which have been sold. The JK will be put back to std and cleaned up and then sold, once the JKU has all the mods on it from the JK we will then give it new springs to lift it a little and level it, it will then be a work in progress over a couple of years.

Short term plan is (6-12 months)

WDA JK GraBars
Lockers front and rear.
AEV rear tire carrier and extra fuel caddy.
34" tires (largest legal tires I can go too) on either AEV Argent Pintler's or Argent Savegre rims (when the 31" Goodyear MT/R are buggered)

Long term plan (12-24 months)

Bestop Trextop NX
Tube doors and mirror relocation brkts
Drive line mods to suit the 34" rims.
Long Range tank.

Other mods as I think of what I want, this jeep is going to be set up more for overlanding than rock crawling but it also has to be capable of doing the trips we go on once a month with the BJC and the many 4WD parks we visit here in QLD, it also has to be able to tow a offroad 750kg camping trailer within the next year.

Thats it for now, I will keep this updated as things progress.

Cheers Stephen

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.

Last edited by Hotdognz; 11-09-2014 at 08:32 PM.