AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Welding and Fabriction advice 101
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Thanks guys for your input!! Great info, glad I asked first

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
if it is stripped all the way the i would weld a piece of flat bar with a hole drilled in it this will alloy down the weld mix also it gives you some ware close to attach the earth to.
send me a pm with a contact phone # ill run through it with you as you are in perth
Thanks Murray for your offer, I have PM'd you my # . I can't say I fully understand what you recommend re the flat bar etc... And yes the thread is stripped all the way to the top.

I'm having second thoughts now on tack welding a nut onto the stem (top of shock) cos I realised than when I go to actually remove the shock I won't be able to get a grinder in there without taking out the batt, coolant overflow, and brake booster... I do have a dremel but its garbage and don't know if it would be able to grind back metal/weld. So going to explore options to re-tap the thread...

I will however need to do a small tack on the bottom bolt in order to be able to remove it eventually.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119