AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Fitting of remote head radio
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2008
No Winching

Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillman View Post
I've been doing my research, but there seems little advice on offer. Is it really so obvious that no advice is needed? What are the best options for fitting a UHF radio (Uniden uh015sx) with remote head to a JK?

1. Antenna - not an issue - have a bull bar.
2. Firewall - How do I get the cable through the firewall ?
3. Main unit - what's the easiest place to hide the main unit, whilst still being able to hear the speaker?
4. Remote head - best place to locate?
5. Power - just piggy back off power outlet on console?
6. Remote speaker - I also have a remote speaker which may be an option. Is there a convenient place to mount this, and if so, is there then a better place to put the main unit?
I have a GME TX 3440 with all the controls in the mike as there isn't much room for anything else

1. I have my aerial on the left tab on ARB bar
2.I ran my cable thru the rhs there is a hole for the clutch to go thru (I have an auto)
3.Under drivers seat there is a rib on the floor I screwed it down to this and the speaker points up so you can hear ok
4.I ran the wirring under the seat and thru the side of the console it comes out at the top near the lid and I but the clip near the handbrake
5.I already had a lead running from the battery thru hole in the firewall to back of car where I fitted a plug in the sub box so I spliced into this
6.Don't need it