AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ 95 Sport with no low beams/headlights
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

The story continues....

As I mentioned in a previous post, the melted wiring harness connecting to the switch and the switch itself were replaced by the local mechanic (the replacement switch was a genuine new Mopar unit). Great job... Before I drove off, he DID prewarn me that the same thing could happen all over again if the OEM headlamp looms are toast.

Lo and behold .... I was doing a 2am drive one dark and foggy night, when uh oh... the lights began to flicker, and then switched off ... and on .. and off and ..... I used the Nighthawk led bar (pulling the high beam stalk) the rest of the way -blinding the odd car that came in the opposite direction.

Fortunately I did not cook the switch again by using my JKU for night driving duties.

Today, I had ARB replace the factory looms, and after a full day and night of driving, the lights are good. Actually, they are better than good, they definitely are brighter with the same Narva bulbs! The only other difference is that the H4 glass feels much warmer (hot?) to touch with the ARB looms than it used to with the OEM cabling. If all remains good, I will eventually replace the Narva bulbs with IPF Super Low Beam (X or XX) series of bulbs.

Your trouble shooting was helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by eksjay; 23-02-2019 at 06:35 AM.