AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Mods VSB 14
Thread: XJ Mods VSB 14
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Found a used Brown Davis long range tank a while ago, which i cleaned up ready for installation.
Today was the day, so got the tools out and got stuck in.
The XJ had the tank bash plate on, so that came off first which was awkward as i had 3 airlines running through a hole in it. Two from my compressor to the lockers and one from my tyre carrier to the airbag suspension. Got all that out the way and it came out with 4 bolts.
Lots of hoses and bits and pieces to disconnect and then out came the tank.
Pic below shows the OEM tank against the Brown Davis. The pump/sender, hoses, breathers etc, all just swap straight over.

I thought getting the new tank in would be a quick job, but it ended up being a pain. It got jammed and on close inspection my bolts going through the frame rails for the airbag suspension were hitting the tank. Lots of mucking around later and tank just slipped into position.
All filler hoses, electrical cables, breathers, fuel lines connected up and the bolts used for the old bash plate re-fitted to hold the tank.
Brown Davis did a good job designing this tank as it all fits great and you don't need to change anything.
I still have to fit up the two bolts under the tailgate as i want to make a plate to spread the load, and also reconnect the compressor lines.

Will finish it off tomorrow, and then put some juice in and check it all out.
Instructions say to run it for a 1000 k's and then change out the fuel filter. My 95 has the filter near the tank up under the frame rail, so i will change that out down the track.

Cheers,

Last edited by alexbrown64; 22-03-2018 at 07:48 PM.