AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Police targeting lifts
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 228 Times in 157 Posts

[QUOTE=ren0vator;1639339]So much fuss (I mean revenue raising)

You're right renovator, & they get their little panties in a twist when you tell them so. Some of the officers on these public robbery outings have a very poor attitude towards the public who are their employers, though this seems beyond their understanding. Heard a few cops complain about the lack of respect they receive from the public, tried to explain you will not earn respect with a radar gun or a breathalyzer. I could see by their blank expression they could not understand this either. Fortunately I've known some excellent policemen & a couple of policewomen over the years, people you could trust & who did an exemplary job, so they're not all nasty. I will admit my tendency to say what I think has led to some tickets & bad relations between me & some members of the police & transport departments over the years in the eastern states, never had a problem of any sort with NT & WA authorities, well apart from a little Nazi in the WA quarantine department who harassed me by phone for about 3 months until I offered to visit his office in person so the issue could be resolved finally. Anyway if you do get stopped at one these public robbery excursions be sure to tell them that working against the heavy drug trade & terrorism threats that the country is facing would be a much better use of their resources than robbing their employers.