AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Stock 01 Classic shock p/numbers
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018
I just registered

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Well I found something interesting with build sheets.
When I bought this blue Classic, I tried to get a free build sheet from FCA. No dice, it didn't seem to recognise the VIN. So I bought one from compnine.com, $5 for 3(?) VIN searches.

Then I remembered that I still have the VIN for my old black Classic, so I looked up its build sheet.

The cars were built 15 days apart in Aug/Sep 2000, both 2001 model year. The old black Classic DID have "AWE UP COUNTRY SUSPENSION GROUP" but this was not mentioned with the new blue car.

When I looked at suspension, the black car had "SDU SUSPENSION - HEAVY DUTY W/GAS SHOCKS" while the new blue one is just "SDB SUSPENSION - HEAVY DUTY". Spring codes are different too.

Well that was all fun and interesting but it still doesn't tell me what shocks to buy! At least it would seem that I do not have Up Country suspension, so probably best not to get the JK shocks as the front ones would be too tall w/out longer bump stops.