AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - fuel leak location
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadSpike View Post
Now that I look at it, your filter is a bit weird. Mine has total of three hoses at the top and one drain plug. One conects to the fuel tank, second to the low pressure pump, third to the return line from the common rail (I think) that is connected to a valve that sits on top, when temperature is exceeded it returns fuel back to the fuel tank, otherwise it returns it back to the fuel filter.

The fuel filter also has a hole at the bottom where the water in fuel sensor sits.

Thanks for the information. The fuel filter was installed when I got the car about 18 months ago. It could be that it was installed by an unqualified mechanic or by one of the previous owners and they did not know what to do. I have a new fuel filter which has (as far as I can see) 3 outlets as well as a primer pump (I think it is a Toyota filter which should fit, got it recommended by one of my contacts in Melbourne).
The dribbling is getting now really bad so that I might look into that pretty soon.