AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - fuel leak location
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

So my fuel leak fix is getting accelerated. Was out last Wednesday and suddenly on the way back Jeep would not start. I had this now a couple of times where the starter motor was not engaging but only had a kind of scratching / grinding noise. Typically after a couple of times it came around and I was able to start the car. But not this time. I guess the constant fuel leak was gunking this thing up and caused it to fail. I actually recall that it started once I realized the fuel leak.
I feel just sorry by looking at it, almost pitch black.

Anyhow, tried to take it out today (of course did not happen) and Jason and Adrian were right when they said you need a lot of extensions. The lower screw was no issue but for the upper one, I am not even getting my hands in. But help is on the way and I am sure sooner or later it will come out. I will then decide if there is actual damage on the gears (hope it is not the fly wheel) or if I can simply clean it up and put it back in. Just not looking forward to that part.

Since I am working there I actually wanted to fix the fuel leak and the engine mount too. I realized that there is a massive wire (block) running thru the intake manifold which seems to be holding the plugs for the injector and and other wires on the other side of the engine (see attached pictures. Do I have that all off to be able to remove the manifold? It looks like it is a lot of extra work which I would like to avoid if possible.
Or is there is a secret magic spell I can cast to get this thing out without removing the harness?