AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Supercharged TJ
Thread: Supercharged TJ
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh9465 View Post
with the adjustable map sensor - does that take care of the extra fuel demand?
By adjusting the MAP senosr voltage you can trick the ecu into delivering a longer injector pulse therefore running a richer mixture. This provides a richer mixture helping to stop pre detonation due to the engine running under boost combined with the added heat of the charge temperature. Whilst this is working in stopping detonation it is a work a round and the downfall is that you are running a richer mixture all the time. I have it set up with an in dash control so I can tune it depending on the driving conditions. There are a couple of good articles around on building one of these with common components available at Jaycar or similar http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/MAP_adjuster.html I have also byspassed the air intake temp with a fixed resistor, this also increases the mixture and timing slightly .

I have really only done this to soak test the system before committing to installing a piggy back ecu.