AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - I deleted my "Service 4WD System" fault code!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Bloke;1569303]Jeep America issued a revised recall for the N23 called the P73 and fixed their f#&@ up. Unfortunately they have not yet released it to Australia (or more like Chrysler Australia doesn't want to carry it out). It did reach CA head office bulletin, but can only be carried out if forwarded to to dealer bulletin. The P41 ignition recall is expected around May 2016 as they are still awaiting on parts.

Bloke, do you know if the P73 you're referring to is a 2016 update as I had the P73 performed on 09.07.15. This P73 recall was issued in May 2015.

This reprogram lasted until 13.11.15, as a result I sent a personal complaint to Mr Doherty, CEO, FCA. On 08.12.15 my local dealership performed checks and reprogrammed the FDCM, so far it failed once, however after a few hours upon starting the vehicle I had it back and hasn't given me issues since.

After I had it fixed on the 8th of December, I was contacted by FCA for the wiTech codes that showed when the dealership performed the scan. I understood that the technicians in Melbourne were keen to get these codes, because each past reprogram has not been a 100% fix.

So it's interesting that they have issued a new one and are holding it, could be because the previous reprograms have been successful for the majority ? and they are just going to wait until the rest have issues and do the new P73 reprogram when they come up ?

I received correspondence yesterday regarding the Safety Recall P41 advising that the recall had been delayed and FCA were making every effort to remedy the situation asap.