AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Fuel Leak
Thread: Fuel Leak
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
What part of it is gone?
If its the coil, you need a new one. On the XJ diesel they are the same as many others. Looking at the body of the coil, the part number is stamped on it. It is a typical Bosch number. You may find its the same as on a V8 ford if the starter has 3 bolts holding it to the bell housing. Normally its the clutch in the cog that fails by slipping. They can be purchased separately as well. The guy in Lithuania is good for them.
Thanks for the reply. It is the coil. The last couple of days I did not have the screeching noise. However this was the same for my previous starter motor. It started sometimes, then gradually it was getting more till the motor did not engage anymore. However, that motor (was from a magneti marelli starter motor) had also issues on the motor itself, which the current one does not have. I recall that the magnete marelli coil had a number and unfortunately I did not take a picture of it so I can look it up. The one from the MB does not seem to have any part or product number on it. I looked all over and could not find something. This one looks pretty much like to one I have installed. But cannot tell about the measures and if this would fit. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/266594565897