AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.11 or 4.56 on 34s 3.8 manual
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default 4.11 or 4.56 on 34s 3.8 manual

3.21 ain’t cutting it since going to 34s.

I’m stuck, the problem I have is I’m running 305/70/17. Close enough to 34”. Everything I read says 4.1 for 33s and 4.5 for 35s. Almost everything everywhere is 33 or 35 and 34s don’t exist. 😂

I’m stuck in the middle and have no intention of going to 35s. Or back to 33. It just won’t happen I like where it’s at now. It’s not a daily driver but I don’t want it revving it’s bits off on the highway or having 3 gear changes through a set of lights. And it’s not a rock crawler either. 4 Door with front and rear bars, 2” lift and a roof rack. Doesn’t carry a lot of weight tho and far from a tourer. Just a couple swags on top and some Tucker in the back and that’s about it.

Beach, highway, driving around farms, forestry trails it has to do it all.

I’ve looked through all the charts and 4.1 seems to put it in the middle of the happy place. 4.56 seems to be almost into performance area.

Anyone have experience with this combination of tyre size can shed some light on it for me and your impressions of what gear you went?