AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Cherokee Shudder
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The shudder is back, although it made the trip to Collie and back (500kms) towing 2 sport bikes on the trailer.
Anyway the shudder seems to happen regardless which TPS I have fitted at the time so I'm moving on from that idea.
Reached the end of my patience with it now, if anyone is interested in a cheap '97 Cherokee Limited in Perth let me know. It is licenced and running, but has an annoying shudder, new spark plugs, ignition coil, CPS, HT leads, front brake rotors, front brake pads, catalytic converter and serviced in the last 2,000 kms, body work is rough, paint severely sunburnt and scratched. . . also has a tow bar. AC, seats, elec windows, stereo, lights, horn, etc all seem to work fine.
I'll do some proper for sale ads on the weekend.
I was thinking $1500 as is, probably a bargain for someone more mechanically minded than me and would be worth heaps more than that in parts if someone can be bothered wrecking it. I paid almost 3 times that amount for it 6 months ago . . . and spent over the asking price of repairs since then