AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tyre help
Thread: Tyre help
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011
MudSplasher

Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

I'm running MTZ's of the 31" variety on the TJ, and i cant talk highly enough of them.

These tyres cop a flooging, as a daily driver, grip like anything offroad, and also great for touring around on. Mine have done just on 37 000kms, and i would think i could get between 50 000 and 60 000kms, hopefully closer to 60 000kms. As for noise, even now at 37 000kms, still are crap loads quiter then most other muddies in brand new form. I'll have no hesitation in replacing them with MTZ's again when they die.

Until Cooper released their new ST Maxx, we were going to replace the STT's on the old mans grand to MTZ's, but now have decided to trial these new Cooper ST Maxx's.

Obviously you cant compare an all terrain to a mud terrain, but the ATZ's are an excellent tyre on and offroad, very quiet, and very grippy where ever needed. I used to sell quite a few sets of the ATZ's and always got positive feedback from customers.

As for BFG's, i personally think the A/T's are a waste of time, never had any good experiences with them and unfortunately are a tyre of the past.
The only BFG i used to sell were the KM2's. I was suprised how quiet they were and the handling on road, and I used to get plenty of positive feedback from my customers.

My vote, MTZ's

thats my 2c