AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Changing my gear ring...
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straubz View Post
it may be worth double checking the carrier is the same in the CRD and the V8, i have found when dealing with ARB they offered different lockers for the 3.55 ratio and the 3.73 and up, not sure what the reason was for this.

i have heard the JK gears fit if you drill the carier out, only thing i have found is for fitting them to the ZJ tho
https://www.jeepforum.com/threads/fa...-swap.3063673/
I am not using the CRD stuff at all. I am using material I had from my V8 Donor. However the V8 I just send to the junkyard had the ARB front locker had already 4.56 gears on it and I know that the back from the same car had it too (that's where I am getting the 19mm bolts from). I am almost certain the previous owner faced a similar situation and had to install the JK ring and pinon as well and if all goes wrong I am using this carrier instead. Just need to exchange the spider gears since they look a bit bald. I even recall that he mentioned that a lot of the stuff was taken from JK material since it is mostly interchangeable.